Free WP Office Hours for Striking Writers and Other Affected Film Industry Workers
UPDATE: Now every other week, starting on May 25. Use the form below to RSVP! New structure is that first hour will be for newcomers, and the second hour will be a lab period.
Every other Thursday, starting May 25 (till July).
Video link available on RSVP.
Scout James (Typecoast), website maker and print designer, will guide you through making a clean, WordPress-based landing page for your portfolio or side-hustle (or both).
Topics: font selection, WordPress 6.2, Block Themes, website organization, and more.
Structure: first hour will be more demonstration; second, more question & answer/lab period vibes.
What’s the catch? Scout will probably plug his web design and pitch deck services a few times.
- light technical dexterity (no code needed)
- a computer (optional—this will be recorded, and you can keep the recording)
- knowledge of how to install software
Homework for Newcomers
- Think about who’s going to be using your site.
- Collect any images or files you want to use.
- If you have a mailing list you want to incorporate, make sure you can log into that account.
RSVP using the form below, and we’ll send out the link the day before.